Backing Up Content
Plesk Unlimited Hosting: Backing Up Content
Backups of your website and accounts are done at regular intervals. However, if you want to manually back up your site, you may do so by following these simple steps.
First, ensure you are logged into your account at http://hosting.xmission.com.
- From the Control Panel, ensure that you have selected the "Account" tab near the top of the screen as seen below. You have two options as far as backing up your content. You can choose to back up all panel content and website content by clicking on the first button labeled "Back Up My Account and Websites," or alternatively you can choose to back up only your website content by clicking on the second button labeled "Back Up Websites."
- In our example, we chose the second button. From here, simply click the "Back Up" button.
- On this screen, you will need to enter the following highlighted pieces of information. A brief description of each follows the image.
- Add prefix to backup name: An optional step, you may choose to add a prefix to the name of the backup file(s). In this example, we added the prefix "mybackup."
- Comments: Another optional step, you can add any comments you would like.
- Create multivolume backup: You can set the maximum file size for the archive file(s) that will be created upon backing up your content. In this example, we chose 250 MB.
- Store backup in: You can choose to back up your site either to the server or an FTP repository. Please note, if you choose the second option, you will need the FTP credentials for that repository.
- When backup task is completed, send notification e-mail to: Backing up your content may take some time. If you want to be notified when the backup is complete, you would want to enter an email address here so you can be notified when the back up is complete.
- Back up: Here you can choose to back up either your website configuration or all configuration and content. In this example, we chose to back up both.
- Suspend domain until backup task is completed: If you want to prevent any changes being made to your domain during the backup process, you may want to check this. During the backup process, your domain will be unavailable if you check this box.
- Once you've made your selections, simply click "Back Up." You will see the following text indicating your content is being backed up.
- Once the backup is complete, you will see it among the list all your recent backups. If you want to download and store a copy of your backup, simply click the "Disc" icon as indicated below.
- Administration/Logging in
- Previewing the Website
- Managing Domain/Users
- Creating/Managing User Roles
- Managing FTP Access/Users
- Adding MySQL Databases
- Adding/Managing DNS Records
- Adding a Domain
- Copying a Website
- Backing Up Content