From XMission Wiki
Cloud customers can manage their own DNS and domains from the "DNS" tab. Here, they can add domains as well as Edit and Delete.
- Navigate to the "DNS" Tab
- Choose the green "Add Domain" button to add a new domain
- To "Edit" or "Delete" an existing domain, choose those options to the right of the listed domain
- A Record = An IPv4 address, used to map hostnames to an IP address. Where the content of the website is located at.
- TXT Record = Arbitrary text in a DNS record. An example would be an SPF record.
- AAAA Record = An IPv6 address, used to map hostnames to an IP address. Just like the A record, but for IPv6 IP addresses.
- CNAME = Alias of one name to another. This can be done when aliasing "www.<domain.tld>" to the non www "<domain.tld>".
- SRV Record = Generalized service location record. _service._proto.name. TTL class SRV priority weight port target.
- NS = Delegates a DNS zone to use the given authoritative name servers. How the Internet will find the domains DNS.
- MX = Maps a domain name to a list of message transfer agents. Where your email will be routed to.
Cloud Hosting Control Panel - https://xmission.com/account/
- Your Servers - VPS Manager
- Configure Resources - Your Server Resources
- Manage - Your Cloud Hosting Panel
- Wordpress Installation - How to install Wordpress to your website
- Domain Redirects - How to direct website traffic to another domain
- Nginx Proxy
- PHP Settings - How to add customer PHP settings
- PHPMyAdmin - How to access your Databases
- DNS - Add or Remove DNS
Additional Tasks and Information
- How Secure Web (SSL) Works
- Domain Transfer and Redemption
- Password Protecting a Directory With ".htaccess"
- Uploading Website content
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Logs and Troubleshooting Tips
- Command Line Login
- Creating Scheduled Jobs with Crons
- MySQL Import and Export
- Default Cloud Server PHP Info
- Host Files
- SSH Keys
- Unmanaged Server Security