Custom Zimbra login url
XMission provides the ability to customize your login url for your hosted Zimbra webmail.
There are 2 ways to handle it. One that works properly and supports https and anther way that is quick and easy but will throw SSL trust notices.
-The Right Way
- Purchase a static IP for use with your domain, or subdomain, on our Zimbra infrastructure
- Purchase an SSL certificate for your domain and properly point the certificate and mx records at our servers
- Now that you have done this you might consider adding your company branding http://wiki.xmission.com/Customer_branded_Zimbra_webmail
-The Easy Way
- Add CNAME entry for your mail domain (e.g., mail.domain.tld) to zdirect.xmission.com
- Make sure you properly save the CNAME entry.
- Visit your new custom URL to test. End user will have to acknowledge SSL certificate error.