Data Center Specifications
From XMission Wiki
- Main floor: 5,000 square feet
- Second floor: 5,000 square feet
- 2nd quarter 2001
Raised Floor Area
- 3,000 Usable Square Feet (USF) for colocation
Raised Floor System
- 12" concrete core raised floor manufactured by Maxcess/Tate
- Biometrics access: 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year
- On-site, staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Cameras and video archiving on all points of ingress/egress and numerous internal spaces of the building. Dual Biometric security system installed with tri-token authentication.
Low Disaster Risk Region
- XMission's facility, located in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, resides in a region with very few disaster declarations, per FEMA.
- NLayer - 10Gb
- Level3 - 10Gb
- Cogent - 10Gb
- XO Communications - 1Gb
- SIX: Seattle Internet Exchange (10Gb) --Peers: Amazon, Google, Netflex
- SLCPeering - Private and Public Peering in SLC, UT. (1000Mb GE)
- Dedicated underground 12,000 V utility feed from a newer Rocky Mountain Power substation next to downtown library. Buried under mass-transit system to reduce construction risk.
- Building load handled by 2,500 KVA (2 Megawatt) Transformer over-sized for extra protection and durability. Transformer is secured externally from building.
- Fully redundant A+B power buses, from utility feed all the way down to customer equipment.
- Two (2) Cummins Power Generation transfer switches, each rated for 1200 Amps at 480 Volts. Detects faults in power feeds, turns on emergency power generators, verifies power condition and if all is OK, transfers facility load to the emergency power equipment.
- Two 500 KW Cummins DFED Gensets with a 18.8 Liter turbo diesel/Aftercooled KTA-19 engine. Two currently handling facility load and providing A+B redundancy.
- Three Mitsubishi 9800 AD UPS's (Uninterruptible Power Supply) 225 KVA (190 KW). Using Mitsubishi IGBT technology power efficiency improves with cleaner total power to the client gear.
- Seven (7) 480 Volt/3 Phase Power Distribution Units/Transformers (PDU).
- Two (2) 208 Volt 3Phase Remote Distribution Units (RDU).
- Single 366 Gal double-lined fuel tank (in basement) with 25 gallon day tank (on roof)
- Combination of CRAC (Computer Room Air Conditioner) and CRAH (Computer Room Air Handler) units fitted with dynamic VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) fan motors and connected to over-sized N+1 water cooling towers via redundant dual pump system.
- Centralized monitoring and control system tied into an array of sensors throughout critical areas to ensure effective and efficient cooling
- Two (2) Evapco cooling towers provide energy efficient cooling via water side economizing
- Five (5) Liebert Deluxe System 3 CRAC units (with DX cooling capabilities, if needed during Summer months)
- Two (2) CRAH units (with enormous coils to maximize cooling via chilled water from cooling towers)
- Hot/Cold aisle containment to maximize efficient air flow through servers and to prevent mixing of cold and hot air.
- Energy efficient adiabatic humidification system utilized instead of wasteful steam humidification.
- N+1 configuration of entire infrastructure not only helps mitigate the chance of an outage due to hardware failure but also allows full proper service work without change in temperature.
- Raised floor cold air plenum efficiently delivers chilled air to designated cold aisles via perforated tiles in floor.
- Return air Hot Plenum in ceiling. Utilizing new thermal technologies, a fully functional hot plenum is used to improve the delta-t, which provides better heat removal efficiency.
Preventative Maintenance and DR
- Weekly testing of GenSets conducted and logged
- Multiple refueling contracts established
- Bi-annual GenSet and UPS maintenance
- Bi-monthly HVAC maintenance
- Active monitoring of power loads and infrastructure utilization allow accurate planing of load redundancy at the client level.
- Annual fire sprinkler and extinguisher inspections
- Competitive flat rate billing at 100M, Gigabit, and Multi-Gigabit speeds.
- Ports: 100M, 1Gb, and 10Gb.
- Redundant uplink connections available upon request (using LACP or BGP routing protocols).
- 95th percentile billing options available from 1M up to 10G.
- Carrier neutral facility with connectivity options via multiple telecommunications providers