Data Center Specifications
From XMission Wiki
- Main floor: 5,000 square feet
- Second floor: 5,000 square feet
- 2nd quarter 2001
Raised Floor Area
- 3,000 Usable Square Feet (USF) for colocation
Raised Floor System
- 12" concrete core raised floor manufactured by Maxcess/Tate
- Biometrics access: 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year
- On-site, staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Cameras and video archiving on all points of ingress/egress and numerous internal spaces of the building. Dual Biometric security system installed with tri-token authentication.
Low Disaster Risk Region
- XMission's facility, located in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, resides in a region with very few disaster declarations, per FEMA.
- NLayer - 10Gb
- Level3 - 10Gb
- Cogent - 10Gb
- XO Communications - 1Gb
- SIX: Seattle Internet Exchange (10Gb)
- SLCPeering - Private and Public Peering in SLC, UT. (1000Mb GE)
Power & Cooling
- Dedicated underground 12,000 V feed from a newer Rocky Mountain Power substation next to downtown library. Buried under mass-transit system to reduce construction risk.
- Building load handled by 2,500 KVA (2 Megawatt) Transformer over sized for extra protection and durability. Transformer is secured externally from building.
- Two 500 KW Cummins DFED Gensets with a 18.8 Liter turbo diesel/Aftercooled KTA-19 engine.
- Each GenSet handles a separate and distinct power bus throughout the facility to provide full A+B redundancy.
- Weekly testing of GenSets conducted and logged.
- Multiple refueling contracts established.
- Preventative maintenance schedule ensures reliable, long term power generation for facility's needs.
- Power Bus "A": Cummins Power Generation OTPC transfer switch gear rated for 1200 Amps at 480 Volts. Detects faults in power feeds, turns on emergency power generators, verifies power condition and if all is ok, transfers facility load to the emergency power equipment.
- Power Bus "B": Cummins Power Generation BTPC series bypass isolation transfer switch gear rated for 1200 Amps at 480 Volts. The BTPC series allows power to be routed around a failed transfer switch unit.
- Three Mitsubishi 9800 AD UPS's (Uninterruptible Power Supply) 225 KVA (190 KW). Using Mitsubishi IGBT technology power effeciency improves with cleaner total power to the client gear.
- Seven (7) 480 Volt/3 Phase Power Distribution Units/Transformers (PDU)
- Two (2) 208 Volt 3Phase Remote Distribution Units (RDU)
- Active monitoring of power loads and infrastructure utilization allow accurate planing of load redundancy at the client level.
- Measurements taken every 4 hours and entered into database
- Single 366 Gal double-lined fuel tank, in basement
- 25 gallon day tank, on roof
- Liebert Deluxe System 3 CRAC (Computer Room Air Conditioner) units connected to over-sized GlyCool cooling towers via redundant dual pump system. N+1 configuration allows full proper service work without change in temperature.
- Five (5) cooling towers, 30-45 ton cooling capacity each
- Three (3) 30-ton CRAC units
- Two (2) 20-ton CRAC units
- One (1) 10-ton CRAC unit
- Two (2) 5-ton CRAC units
- Designed to N+1 redundancy
- Raised floor cold air plenum efficiently delivers chilled air to designated cold aisles via perforated tiles in floor.
- Return air Hot Plenum in ceiling. Utilizing new thermal technologies, a fully functional hot plenum is used to improve the delta-t, which provides better heat removal efficiency.
- Competitive flat rate billing at 100M, gigabit, and multi-gigabit speeds.
- Ports: 100M, 1Gb, and 10Gb.
- Redundant uplink connections available with BGP routing upon request.
- 95th percentile billing available from 1M up to 10G.