Hosting Control Panel/Mail Setup Outlook Express
From XMission Wiki
Hosting Control Panel / Mail Setup - Outlook Express
Discontinued Windows Component
To set up Microsoft Outlook Express
- Open Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Go to Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Add button and select the Mail item.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear in any messages you send, and click Next.
- Type your e-mail address, and click Next.
- On the following screen you will need to fill out the highlighted boxes, a brief description follows the image:
- Protocol of your incoming mail server.
- If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option (Recommended). If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option.
- Incoming mail server. Specify 'mail. your domain name', in this example we have used mail.example.com.
- Outgoing mail server. Specify 'mail. your domain name', in this example we have used mail.example.com.
- Administration/Logging in
- Previewing the Website
- Managing Domain/Users
- Creating/Managing User Roles
- Managing FTP Access/Users
- Adding MySQL Databases
- Adding/Managing DNS Records
- Adding a Domain
- Secure Your Sites
- Copying a Website
- Domain Transfer and Redemption
- Password Protecting a Directory With ".htaccess"
- Changing your upload limits
- Hosting a domain not registered with XMission