Hosting Control Panel/Mail Setup Thunderbird
From XMission Wiki
Hosting Control Panel / Mail Setup - Thunderbird
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Go to Tools > Account Settings > Account Actions > Add Mail Account.
- You will need to fill out the highlighted sections, a brief description follows the image:
- Your name, as you want it to appear in any messages you send.
- Your e-mail address and password.
- Click 'Advanced config' and specify the following:
- Account type. If you want to keep copies of messages on the server, select the IMAP option (Recommended). If you do not want to keep any messages on the server, select the POP3 option.
- The Incoming server is 'mail. your domain' example mail.domain.tld with port 993 with SSL and Normal Password set for authentication.
- The Outgoing server is 'mail. your domain' example mail.domain.tld with port 465 with SSL and Normal Password set for authentication.
- Your Username for both incoming and outgoing is your email address. Example: email@example.com
- Other parameters that you may need when configuring your account manually:
- Alternative Incoming POP3 port: 110
- Alternative Incoming IMAP port: 143
- Alternative Outgoing SMTP port: 587, 25
- Your email account has been successfully added!
- Administration/Logging in
- Previewing the Website
- Managing Domain/Users
- Creating/Managing User Roles
- Managing FTP Access/Users
- Adding MySQL Databases
- Adding/Managing DNS Records
- Adding a Domain
- Secure Your Sites
- Copying a Website
- Domain Transfer and Redemption
- Password Protecting a Directory With ".htaccess"
- Changing your upload limits
- Hosting a domain not registered with XMission