Data Center Specifications
From XMission Wiki
* Main floor: 5,000 square feet * Second floor: 5,000 square feet
* 2nd quarter 2001
Raised Floor Area
* 3,000 Usable Square Feet (USF)
Raised Floor System
* 12" concrete core raised floor manufactured by Maxcess/Tate
* 250 pounds per square foot on slab
* 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year
* On-site, staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. Alarm system enabled with cameras and DVR recorders on all points of ingress/egress and numerous internal spaces of the building. Dual Biometric authentication security system installed. Tri-Token authorization system.
* AFS - AFS/Global Crossing/Level3 (1000Mb GE) * XO Communications - 10Gb * NLayer - 10Gb * Level3 - (1000Mb GE) * SLCPeering - Private and Public Peering in SLC, UT. (1000Mb GE) * Integra Telecom * Qwest Communications
* Independent underground 12,000 V feed from a new Rocky Mountain Power substation. Dedicated connection with no other building load. buried under mass-transit system to reduce construction risk. * Building load handled by 2,500 KVA (2 Megawatt) Transformer over sized for extra protection and durability. Transformer is secured externally from building.
* Two (3) 500 KW Cummins DFED Gensets with a 18.8 Liter turbo diesel/Aftercooled KTA-19 engine. Two currently handling facility load with the third to be wired as a standby genset for N+1 redundancy. * Low fuel consumption and rigourous testing schedule allows long term power generation for facilities needs.
* Cummins Power Generation OTPC transfer switch gear rated for 1200 Amps at 480 Volts. Detects faults in power feeds, turns on emergency power generators, verifies power condition and if all is ok, transfers facility load to the emergency power equipment. * Cummins Power Generation BTPC series bypass isolation transfer switch gear rated for 1200 Amps at 480 Volts. The BTPC series allows power to be routed around a failed transfer switch unit. * 3x Mitsubishi 9800 AD UPS's (Uninterruptible Power Supply) 225 KVA (190 KW). Using Mitsubishi IGBT technology power effeciency improves with cleaner total power to the client gear. * Seven (7) 480 Volt/3 Phase Power Distribution Units/Transformers * Two (2) 208 Volt 3Phase Remote Distribution Units * Active monitoring of power loads and infrastructure utilization allow accurate planing of load redundancy at the client level.
* Single 366 Gal double-lined fuel tanks * 25 gallon day tank
* Liebert Deluxe System 3 CRAC units connected to oversized GlyCool cooling towers via redundant dual pump system. N+1 configuration allows full proper service work without change in temperature. * Five (5) cooling towers, 30-45 ton cooling capacity each * Three (3) 30-ton CRAC units * Two (2) 20-ton CRAC units * One (1) 10-ton CRAC unit * Two (2) 5-ton CRAC units * Designed to N+1 redundancy * 2 foot Hot Plenum. Utilizing new thermal technologies, a fully functional hot plenum is used to overclock CRAC units, and provide better heat removal efficiency. * 10 Feet vertical workable space above raised floor.