Zimbra Email Client Configurations
These easy to follow instructions will help you configure your favorite client for use with your Zimbra email service.
For greater convenience, you can always access your mail at https://zimbra.xmission.com/
For more help, reference the video repository of helpful tips on the Zimbra YouTube Channel.
Recommended Email Settings
XMission always recommends an IMAP email configuration heres why.
|Incoming Server Information:||Outgoing Server Information:|
|Server Type:||IMAP||Server Type:||SMTP|
|Enable encryption:||Yes.||Enable encryption:||Yes. (TLS/SSL)|
|Authenticate Using:||Password||Requires Authentication:||Yes|
|Login User Name:||Your full email address||Login User Name||Your full email address|
|Alternate Port:||143||Alternate Port:||465 (Must enable SSL)|
- Please note that some free wireless hotspots may block SSL without an extra fee. If you cannot send or receive while on certain wifi networks (especially ones in airports or public spaces) please check their terms and conditions and ensure they are not blocking SSL connections.
Windows 10 / 8.x / 7 / Vista
- Outlook 2013/2016/365
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook Connector for Zimbra Premium and Personal Premium Zimbra accounts
- Thunderbird 41
Archive Windows The following Microsoft Widows mail applications are out of date and no longer supported beyond the settings provided below. Zimbra platform does not guarantee compatibility on all legacy mail applications as many are outside RFE compliance and lack proper security.
- Windows XP - Mail applications on this OS will still work but are no longer supported
- Outlook 2007 <- Please upgrade your mail application to a current version.
- Outlook 2003 <- Please upgrade your mail application to a current version.
- Windows Live Mail <- Please upgrade your mail application to a current version.
- Outlook Express <- Please upgrade your mail application to a current version.
- Thunderbird 3 <-- Please upgrade your mail application to a current version.
Mac OSThese settings are compatible across the bulk all OS X versions.
- Outlook Exchange on Mac - For Personal Premium and Zimbra Business accounts
- Mac Mail 10.x Same settings for Mail 11.X and 12.X.
- Video Tutorial - Setting up Zimbra on Mac Mail
- Mac Mail 9.x
- Thunderbird Mac
Archive Mac OS The following Mac mail applications are out of date and no longer supported beyond the settings provided below. Zimbra platform does not guarantee compatibility on all legacy mail applications as many are outside RFE compliance and lack proper security.
- Apple iOS Devices - iPhone/iPad - Zimbra Base and Standard Accounts
- Apple iOS Devices - iPhone/iPad - Zimbra Premium Account configuration with Profile
- Apple iOS Devices - iPhone iPad with Exchange - Zimbra Premium & Consumer Edition w/ ActiveSync, Exchange setting
- Android Portable Devices with Microsoft Exchange - Zimbra Premium and Consumer Edition w/ ActiveSync, Exchange setting
- Windows Mobile & Windows Phone 8
- BlackBerry IMAP
- Mutt Terminal based. Works on Linux and Mac OS.
- Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra deprecating at end of 2019. Use configuration settings provided at top of page.
Convert from POP to IMAP
- Thunderbird POP to IMAP process: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switch-pop-imap-account
- Windows Outlook 2007 POP to Zimbra IMAP Essentially same instructions for 2003.
- Outlook Express POP to Zimbra IMAP
- Windows Live Mail POP to Zimbra IMAP