Windows XP PPPoE procedure:
- Before you begin, ensure that an Ethernet cable is connected from the appropriately provisioned port on your UTOPIA equipment to your computer.
- At the following screen, simply click "Next" and then choose "Connect to the Internet" and click "Next."
Select "Setup my connection manually."
- Select "Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password."
You may name the connection whatever you like, but we recommend naming it "XMission" as seen below. Once you've named your connection, click "Next."
- Enter your XMission username and corresponding password. In the example below, we have used "bobdobbs" as a username. You would replace this with your own, unique XMission username. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive! You will also likely want to check the two boxes indicated below. Once finished, click "Next." At the following screen, simply click "Finish."
- Select "Network and Internet Connections."
Select "Internet Options."
- Go to the "Connections" tab and ensure that the connection you just created is listed in the box labeled "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and that it is set as the default. If it is not set as default, highlight the connection and hit the "Set default" button located near the bottom of the window. We recommend choosing the second option, "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," by placing a bullet in the circle beside it. After that, click "Ok."
Your Internet connection is now ready to use!