Adding/Managing DNS Records
Manage DNS zones for your domain names.
- From the Control Panel, click on the "Domains & Websites" tab near the top of the screen.
- Click on the little arrow to expand the view for your Hosting Settings - then click on DNS Settings"
- On the next screen, you will see a record of your zone file settings and can alter them from this screen.
Important note: If you did not register your domain through XMission, there is a chance the registrar may have different name servers for your domain. You will need to update these with your registrar to ns.xmission.com, ns2.xmission.com and ns3.xmission.com.
Wikipedia has some good information on zone file editing. You may want to consider reading the following links prior to making changes:
- Administration/Logging in
- Previewing the Website
- Managing Domain/Users
- Creating/Managing User Roles
- Managing FTP Access/Users
- Adding MySQL Databases
- Adding/Managing DNS Records
- Adding a Domain
- Secure Your Sites
- Copying a Website
- Domain Transfer and Redemption
- Password Protecting a Directory With ".htaccess"
- Changing your upload limits
- Hosting a domain not registered with XMission