Adding a Domain
From XMission Wiki
You can create additional domains for use with your Shared Hosting account. First, ensure you are logged into your account at the Shared Hosting login page.
- From the Control Panel, click on the "Websites & Domains" tab near the top of the screen.
- Click the "Add New Domain" button, below Websites and Domains.
- You will be presented with the following options:
- Blank Website - This is the default
- Deploy using Git - Pull files from a Git repository
- WordPress Site - Most Popular if you want to set up a WordPress site
- Upload Files - If you already have your site complete you can choose this option
- Node.js - A website running on Node.js
- Import website - Import from another host
- On this screen, fill in your domain name, A brief description of each follows the image.
- Registered domain name vs Temporary domain name
- It is recommended you choose Registered domain name
- Temporary domain name will assign a randomly generated name that you can change later
- Registered domain name: This is the name of your new domain.
- Webspace: Where the domain will be hosted your primary domain should be listed here
- Hosting Type:
- Website Hosting- If you are designing a new website.
- Forwarding - If you want this domain to forward to another
- No Hosting If you only want the domain available for E-Mail addresses or DNS.
- Be sure to click on Hosting Settings
- Document root: This is the folder where you will build your new website. We recommend you name your folder specific to each domain.
- Preferred domain: You can choose to have domain.tld or www.domain.tld or none.
It is highly recommended you create a separate rooted directory for each domain, as opposed to pointing your domain to a sub-directory.
- Once you've entered the correct information for your new domain, simply click "OK." You will see the following text indicating your new domain has been created successfully!
- Administration/Logging in
- Adding a Domain
- Adding MySQL Databases
- Adding/Managing DNS Records
- Managing Domain/Users
- Managing FTP Access/Users
- PHP Settings
- Previewing the Website
- Secure Your Sites
- Web Statistics
Additional Development Help