Web statistics have a variety of uses for analyzing where people are viewing your site from, what browsers they are using, and other important information to help determine how best to target your website and development time. When accessing your statistics, you will prompted to login. These login credentials will be the same as the ones used for the FTP account. Here are details for Managing FTP Access/Users.
How do I access my web statistics?
- Go to the Websites & Domains tab and click the domain name for which you want to view the statistics.
- Click Web Statistics.
- The site visitor statistics will show in a new browser window.
- To view statistics for web pages viewed from the SSL-secured area of your site, select "SSL Web Statistics" in the menu.
- To view statistics for files downloaded over the file transfer protocol (FTP), select "FTP Statistics" in the menu.
Additionally, you can view the visits statistics for a site by visiting the URL with the following format: <your-domain.com>/plesk-stat/webstat
When prompted for username and password, enter your FTP account credentials.
What do my web statistics offer?
Below is an image of the interface and descriptions of the options it provides.
- Number of visits, and number of unique visitors
- Visits duration and last visits
- Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits
- Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week)
- Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection)
- Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list
- Most viewed, entry and exit pages
- File types
- Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate)
- OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 35 OS detected)
- Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers: 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file)
- Visits of robots (319 robots detected)
- Worms attacks (5 worm's families)
- Search engines, key phrases and keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etc...)
- HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...)
- Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referrer field for miscellaneous/marketing purpose
- Number of times your site is "added to favorites bookmarks"
- Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page)
- Ratio of Browsers with support of: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page)
- Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio
How far back do the web statistics go?
Web and Traffic statistics are retained for 3 months - however the monthly history will allow you to see the data for the entire year. You are able to view the complete statistics for the current month and for the past 3 months.
How often are the web statistics generated?
Web Statistics are generated every night. So you can have the most updated information the next day.
- Administration/Logging in
- Previewing the Website
- Managing Domain/Users
- Managing FTP Access/Users
- Adding MySQL Databases
- Adding/Managing DNS Records
- Adding a Domain
- PHP Settings
- Web Statistics
- Secure Your Sites
- Copying a Website
Additional Development Help